Our fundraising promise to you
Animals in Distress (Torbay & Westcountry) works to deliver exceptional standards of supporter care at all times.
We are extremely grateful for the kind and generous support of our local community and beyond. We recognise that without our supporters, the charity would not exist to be able to help the hundreds of homeless animals in need of our help each year.
We will always recognise your valued support
- We recognise that our supporters are our greatest strength. Without you, we would be unable to take in, care for and find loving new homes for hundreds of homeless pets each year
- We are grateful for every single donation we receive, regardless of how big or small it is, and we promise to make the best use of each donation to help the animals in our care
- You will be promptly thanked for your donation, unless you request otherwise
- We will ensure that when a gift is given for a specific purpose, it is used accordingly
- We will keep you updated with our work (according to your communication preferences) and demonstrate how your kind support has helped change animals’ lives for the better.
You will be treated with respect
- We promise to treat you with respect, fairness and politeness
- We treat every new person who contacts us as a valued supporter
- We will communicate with you in the way that you prefer when you inform us of that preference
We will always be honest and transparent
- We will be transparent about our work and will deliver on our promises
- When you contact us we will respond to your enquiry in an honest and professional manner, endeavouring to provide a response to your queries as quickly as possible
- We will treat any complaints seriously, investigate them fully and report back to you with a solution. We admit when we make mistakes and work to put things right swiftly.
Our commitment to you
- We are members of the Fundraising Regulator scheme. This means that Animals in Distress (Torbay & Westcountry) is committed to best practice in fundraising and follows the Fundraising Regulator’s Fundraising Promise and the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice
- We are committed to high standards and we monitor our fundraisers and volunteers to ensure that they adhere to those standards
- We will ask you how you want to hear from us about our work and appeals and will always take action on your request
- We will keep your personal information secure and will only use it to communicate with you, to process donations, to keep you informed, and for analysis in order to improve our activities
We will never:
- share your details with third parties
- use third party organisations to help us with our fundraising
- knock on people’s doors to ask for donations of any kind
- ‘cold-call’ people to ask for donations over the phone
- approach people in the street asking for bank details.
If you have any questions or feedback about our fundraising do get in touch with us – we value your feedback.