Would you like to make a real difference to the life of a rescue dog, but aren’t in a position to make the long-term commitment to having your own dog? Animals in Distress is looking for experienced and committed people to act as short-term foster carers in their own homes, for dogs who are in need of special care at certain times of their lives.
Dogs who need short-term foster care may include: puppies; dogs recovering from operations; dogs who are struggling with life in kennels; whelping bitches; elderly dogs.
We’re looking for people who
- have lots of experience of caring for pets
- are competent in caring for and handling dogs
- have time to devote to the foster dogs
- live within 30 minutes of our rescue centre in Ipplepen and have their own transport
What you will gain
- you will be making a real difference to the life of a homeless dog, and helping prepare them for life in their future forever home
- all the benefits of pet ownership without any of the long term commitment
- all food and medications will be provided
- you will have the chance to take part in our on-site training sessions
- you’ll gain experience and new practical skills to enhance your CV
If you think you would be a suitable foster carer and have the time to devote to caring for a foster dog, please email email@example.com or call our reception on 01803 812121 for an initial chat.