Be an Animals in Distress champion and take on the 2.6 Challenge to help the homeless pets at our rescue centre.
The 2.6 challenge is a nation-wide virtual challenge taking place on Sunday 26 April 2020. Get your thinking cap on and set yourself a unique challenge based around the number 2.6 or 26.
No matter your age, ability or talents there are so many things you can do. From running around your garden for 2.6 miles, doing 26 star jumps 26 times or taking your dog for a 26 minute walk. You don’t have to be a marathon runner to join in!
About the challenge
The campaign, The 2.6 Challenge, will launch on Sunday 26 April 2020 – what should have been the date of the 40th edition of the Virgin Money London Marathon.
From Sunday 26 April, the public is asked to dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate to Save the UK’s Charities. The 2.6 Challenge is open to anyone of any age – the only requirement is that the activity must follow the Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing.
The 2.6 Challenge is a simple and fun way for everyone to do their bit to help save the UK’s charities.
The challenge period runs from Sunday 26th – Thursday 30th April and it’s down to you to select your challenge and set up a fundraising page. You’ll have those five days to complete your challenge and get the ball rolling with fundraising.
Animals in distress needs your help now more than ever so join us this Sunday and become an AiD champion with the 2.6 challenge.
How do I get involved?
- Set yourself an activity based around the number 2.6 or 26. Have a look at our ideas below for inspiration and get set for Sunday 26th April to take on you challenge.
- Set up your personalised Animals in Distress Just Giving fundraising page.
- Ask your friends and family to donate £2.60 or £26, whatever they can afford.
- Share your challenge on social media by using #twopointsixchallenge and tagging @animalsindistress
- Nominate a friend to take on the 2.6 challenge!
26 challenge ideas
- Take your dog for a 26 minute walk
- Run 26km around your garden
- Walk 2.6km (that’s 3,412 steps!) around your house (in fancy dress if you like!)
- Run up and down your stairs 26 times
- 26 minutes of star jumps
- Walk, run, jog, cycle, crawl, jump, roll 2.6km
- Do a hand stand for 2.6 minutes.
- Score 26 goals
- Do 26 push ups
- Hold the plank for 26 seconds or 2.6 minutes
- Donate £26 or whatever you can afford
- Jump 26 times on a trampoline
- Skip for 2.6 minutes without making a mistake
- Do 26 cartwheels
- Put on some music and dance for 26 minutes
- Bike ride for 2.6 miles or kms
- Try 26 sofa-triceps dips
- Throw and catch a ball 26 times
- Do some gardening for 26 minutes
- Hop on each leg 26 times
- 26 hour sponsored silence
- Get 26 pals together for an online workout – for 26 minutes
- Bake 26 cakes in 26 minutes or make a cake with 26 ingredients
- 26 keepy uppies in a row or without stopping for 26 minutes
- Strike a pose and hold it for 26 minutes without moving
- A 26 hour gaming tournament with your friends