Adopt, don’t shop
If you are looking to bring a new cat into your family, there are many reasons why your local rescue centre is your best first port of call. When adopting a cat from Animals in Distress you can be assured that:
- Every pet that comes through our doors is checked by our vet and receives any veterinary treatment needed before being given the all-clear for rehoming
- Before rehoming all cats are neutered, vaccinated and treated for fleas and worms
- Every cat has been cared for and assessed by our team of dedicated animal welfare professionals, so that their needs and personalities can be best matched to the most perfect home for them
- After adoption, follow-up support and advice is on-hand if needed
- You’re less likely to discover that your new cat has a behaviour trait or expensive medical condition that you weren’t informed about
- All this is assured for a rehoming fee, a fraction of what you would pay for all the routine veterinary procedures yourself.
The staff team at Animals in Distress have devoted their whole lives to caring for homeless pets and ensuring that they end up in the best possible new homes. For your own peace of mind and for the welfare of your pets, if you are looking for a new addition to your family, please use your local pet rescue centre.